EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COACH – NATIONAL WOMEN’S TEAM – IIHF World Championships, Cape Town, South Africa, 2023
Expressions of Interest are being called for the critical role of strength & conditioning coach for the IHA National Women’s Team to lead and manage the physical preparation for the upcoming International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) Division II Group B World Championships.
Duties include working with the National Head Coach, IHA National Women’s Team, and high-performance stakeholders to:
o Design and deliver quality, tailored ‘on and off ice’ programs for the IHA National Women’s Team to optimise their holistic strength and conditioning preparation in the lead up to the World Championships in Cape Town, South Africa, 20th-26th February 2023
- Proposed Dates (schedule tbc):
- • 13th February (TBC) – Team departs Australia for Cape Town
- • 14th February (TBC) – Pre-competition training camp, Cape Town
- • 20th – 26th February – Division II Group B World Championships, Cape Town
- • 27th February – Team departs Cape Town for Australia and home states
- If you have S&C experience in ice hockey (or other relevant sport/s) at an elite team level, we would love to hear from you!
• Please apply via email to email@example.com outlining:
o Your ice hockey (or other sport/s) S&C coaching qualifications and experience
in the provision and application of strength & conditioning/physiological services
o Experience and proven success in high-performance team sport environments
o Proven success in utilizing strength & conditioning / physiology knowledge for planning, periodisation, and managing elite athletes nationally and remotely at a senior level
o Leadership qualities you possess that would complement a high-performance environment
o Confirmation of a Working with Children Check (or State equivalent) or willingness to get one
o Willingness to adhere to Covid-19 safety protocols and recommendations
o Two referees with relevant contact details
Your application can be in dot point form and does not need to be longer than one A4 page.
By applying, it is assumed that you will uphold the IHA Code of Conduct at all times and be an ambassador for Australia.
- NOTE – This is a non-travelling role to Cape Town
- We are committed to honouring our past, succeeding in the present and shaping a prosperous future for our IHA high performance athletes.
- We look forward to receiving your application by Friday 23rd December 2022.