Ice Hockey Australia
(Trading name of Ice Hockey Australia Limited)
ABN: 77 106 538 293 ACN: 629 477 890
Level 1, 105 Pearl River Road
Docklands, VIC 3008 Australia
E: email@example.com W: www.iha.org.au
IHA NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS DIRECTOR
Ice Hockey Australia (IHA) requires a highly motivated and organised individual to oversee and coordinate our National Championships. IHA is seeking to appoint a National Tournaments Director to coordinate and supervise all IHA National Championships.
This position reports to the IHA Board and requires extensive communication and a strong working relationship with the IHA Board and our Member State and Territory Associations. National Championships are hosted by our Member State or Territory Associations on behalf of IHA. This position will require excellent knowledge and experience in organising and managing tournaments of a substantial nature. In addition, excellent skills in communication, problem solving, and management will be required. This is a voluntary role.
The specific duties include:
- Coordinate the Championships host applications and calendar.
- The IHA National Tournaments Director will work with the host Member Association appointed Championship Director to ensure the Championship is conducted in an efficient manner in a safe playing environment.
- Coordinating with IHA RIC for each Championship.
- Ensuring compliance with National Championship rules and structure
- Ensuring team entry complies with IHA rules and regulations
- Act as the IHA National Championship Tribunal Supervisor for each event
- Chair and notify the State Team Managers of Pre and Post Championship Directorate meetings.
- Coordinate IHA Trophies and Awards
- As required and approved by the Board, the IHA National Tournament Director, or another appointed person will attend all Championships.
- Ensuring the coordination and compliance with IHA requirements as set out in section 14 of the IHA Sport Regulations as found on the IHA web site.
All applications are to be emailed to the Ice Hockey Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 pm (AEST) Wednesday June 8, 2022. Applicants are requested to place “Tournaments Director” in the subject line of the email. Outlining your hockey (or other sport or equivalent role experience), why you want to be a part of IHA. Any leadership qualities you have. How you would be an asset to the role. Confirmation of a Working with Children’s check (or State equivalent) or willingness to get one. Confirmation of COVID-19 Double vaccination status. A referee who can be contacted to support your application. The referee’s name email address and mobile number.