Expressions of Interest and nominations are being called for the critical role of League Commissioner for the Australian Women’s Ice Hockey League (AWIHL). This is a two-year appointment for upcoming seasons 2022-23 and 2023-24.
The Commissioner is responsible for the coordination, administration and general supervision of the AWIHL and the provision of advice regarding enquiries on regulations and/or the operation of the league. The Commissioner is appointed by the AWIHL Board with the authorisation of Ice Hockey Australia and works with the IHA Referee in Chief and the IHA Women’s Director to ensure the smooth operation of the league.
Specific duties include:
- Liaise with the IHA Referee in Chief and IHA Women’s Director to the ensure good governance and smooth operation of the AWIHL under the jurisdiction of IHA;
- Manage communication between AWIHL teams and other stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with AWIHL Regulations;
- Ensure each AWIHL team management are providing satisfactory leadership, planning and
- organisation, control and succession for their Club;
- Plan and coordinate the pre-game meetings on AWIHL Finals weekends;
- Plan and coordinate the AWIHL AGM to be held prior to 30 June each year
If you are good with people management, have fantastic communication and coordination skills and a genuine love of hockey we’d love to hear from you.
Details of the role and nomination form can be found here: AWIHL League Commissioner
By applying, it is assumed that you will uphold the IHA relevant Code of Conduct at all times and be familiar with the AWIHL and elite women’s hockey in Australia.
Please submit the nomination form to the IHA Women’s Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH 2022.