EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – EQUIPMENT MANAGER – NATIONAL MEN’S TEAM
Trans-Tasman Series 2022-23, IIHF World Championships, Madrid, Spain, 2023
Expressions of Interest are being called for the role of Equipment Manager for the IHA National Men’s Team to manage the team equipment and travel with the team for the 2022-23 Trans-Tasman Series and upcoming International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) World Championships.
• Working with the NMT Team Manager, Head Coach and IHA National Teams Stakeholders to manage:
o All equipment assessment, transportation, and maintenance of the National Men’s Team in the lead up to and on the Trans Tasman and World Championship tours
o Responsibility for the return of all equipment safely to O’Brien Icehouse, Melbourne, post tour
o Team equipment communications to the Team Manager, Coaching staff, and players
o Tour team logistics for all equipment
o Adherence to Covid-19 safety protocols
o Assist staff on tour outside of practice and game time including adherences to the Codes of Conduct
o Other off-ice responsibilities as required
Proposed Dates (schedule tbc):
• September 2022 Long List Selection Communications, Trans Tasman Series (Melbourne) planning
• November 2022 Team assembles in Melbourne for pre-series training and Trans-Tasman tournament
• Feb-March 2023 Team travels to Auckland, New Zealand for reverse leg of Trans-Tasman
• Early April 2023 Pre-departure training/ camp/ series (tbc)
• April 12 (tbc) Team departs Australia for Madrid, Spain for Division II Group A World Championship
• April 16 – 22 (tbc) Division II Group A World Championship, Madrid, Spain
• April 22 Team departs Madrid for Australia and home states
If you have experience in Ice Hockey Team Equipment Management or transferable skills here, and ideally have international travel experience and this sounds like a role you would love to get stuck into, we would love to hear from you!
• Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
o Your hockey (or other sport) Team Manager or equivalent role experience
o Why you want to be part of Team Australia – Senior Men at the World Championship
o Any leadership qualities you have
o How you would be an asset to the team and staff off the ice
o Confirmation of a Working With Children Check (or State equivalent) or willingness to get one
o Confirmation of Covid-19 Double Vaccination status
o A referee who can be contacted to support your application
o The referee’s name, email address and mobile number
Your application can be in dot point form and does not need to be longer than two paragraphs.
By applying, it is assumed that you will uphold the IHA relevant Code of Conduct at all times and be an excellent ambassador for Australia if successful in selection.
We are committed to honouring our past, succeeding in the present and shaping a prosperous future for our IHA high performance athletes.
We look forward to receiving your application by FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 3Oth 2022.