EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COACH – NATIONAL MEN’S TEAM
Trans-Tasman Series 2022-23, IIHF World Championships, Madrid, Spain, 2023
Expressions of Interest are being called for the critical role of Strength & Conditioning Coach for the IHA National Men’s Team to manage the physical preparation of the team for the 2022-23 Trans-Tasman Series and upcoming International Ice Hockey (IIHF) World Championships.
• Working with the National Head Coach and IHA National Men’s Team and High Performance Stakeholders to:
o Design and deliver quality, tailored on and off ice programs for the IHA National Men’s Team Long List (30 skaters plus 4 goaltenders) to optimise their fitness and conditioning in the lead up to the World Championships in Madrid, Spain in April 2023.
o Attend designated training camps (most likely in Melbourne)
o Other related off-ice responsibilities as required.
Proposed Dates (schedule tbc):
• September 2022 Long List Selection, Trans Tasman Series (Melbourne) planning
• November 4-6 2022 Team assembles in Melbourne for pre-series training and Trans-Tasman tournament
• March 17-19 2023 Team travels to Auckland, New Zealand for reverse leg of Trans-Tasman
• April 4 2023 (tbc) Pre-departure training/ camp/ series (tbc)
• April 12 (tbc) Team departs Australia for Madrid, Spain for Division II
Group A World Championship
• April 15 – 22 (tbc) Division II Group A World Championship, Madrid, Spain
• April 22 Team departs Madrid for Australia and home states
If you have experience in Ice Hockey or a similar sport Strength & Conditioning coaching, and ideally have elite level team sport experience and this sounds like a role you would love to get stuck into, we would love to hear from you!
• Please apply via email to email@example.com outlining:
o Your ice hockey (or other sport) S&C Coaching qualifications and experience
in the provision and application of strength & conditioning/physiological services.
o Experience and proven success in high-performance team sport environments
o Proven success in utilizing strength & conditioning / physiology knowledge for planning, periodising, and managing elite athletes nationally and remotely at a senior level
o Why you want to be part of Team Australia – Senior Men at the World Championship
o Any leadership qualities you have
o How you would be an asset to the team and staff off the ice
o Confirmation of a Working With Children Check (or State equivalent) or willingness to get one
o Confirmation of Covid-19 Double Vaccination status
o A referee who can be contacted to support your application
o The referee’s name, email address and mobile number.
Your application can be in dot point form and does not need to be longer than a page.
By applying, it is assumed that you will uphold the IHA relevant Code of Conduct at all times and be an excellent ambassador for Australia if successful in selection. As for all IHA National Team staff positions, this is not a remunerated role.
We are committed to honouring our past, succeeding in the present and shaping a prosperous future for our IHA high performance athletes.
We look forward to receiving your application by FRIDAY October 7 2022.