Ice Hockey Australia is calling for nominations for its National Women’s Team to represent Australia at the IIHF Division II, Group B, World Championships held in Cape Town, South Africa 13th Feb 2023 to 1st March 2023.
We are looking for those players who have continued to develop high-performance skills, gameplay, fitness and attitude and who believe that they are ready to perform at this level of competition, considering the short lead-up time.
All eligible players with the ability, drive, and commitment to represent Australia at the highest level in Women’s Ice Hockey are encouraged to apply.
- 13th Feb 2023: Depart for South Africa (Evening)
- 15th – 19th Feb 2023: Training Camp South Africa
- 20th Feb – 26thd Feb 2023: Tournament
- 27th Feb 2023: Depart Cape Town
- 1st Mar 2023: Arrive in Australia
Due to flight availability, there will be players departing from multiple states, meeting in Dubai and then onto Cape Town as a team, players will not arrive back until the 1st March 2023.
Essential IHA Selection Criteria:
- -Must have played or selected to play in the AWIHL or State Team 2022 or been a member of the -IHA Women’s Team in 2022 or equivalent overseas IIHF-sanctioned league
- -Must have been a registered IHA Member from July 1, 2021
- -Must have a valid Australian passport
- -Selected players must commit to all pre-departure fitness, skill and conditioning programs as set by the coaching and performance staff
- -All players must be fully compliant with requested reporting, paperwork, team meetings and any other off-ice performance requirements as requested or set by the Coach, Medical Staff, Team Manager or IHA.
- -The program’s cost is estimated to be no more than $3200 for each player. This includes all flights and ground transport, accommodation in South Africa and meals (NOTE: this does not include equipment, extra snacks or spending money, which will be at the player’s expense).
- -Players are encouraged to apply for State and Local government and other eligible individual sporting grants to assist with the offset of these costs.
- Selection of this team will be via application and selection via survey monkey ‘on paper’ by a panel consisting of but not limited to the Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and an additional IHA High Performance accredited coach.
- Please apply by answering the questions in the link below https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8QQ3FMB
We are committed to honouring our past, succeeding in the present and shaping a prosperous future for our IHA high-performance women.
We look forward to receiving your application by Friday 16th December 2022
IHA National Teams Staff