Ice Hockey Australia
(Trading name of Ice Hockey Australia Limited)
ABN: 77 106 538 293 ACN: 629 477 890
Level 1, 105 Pearl River Road
Docklands, VIC 3008 Australia
T: +61 488 428 808
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.iha.org.au
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – ICE HOCKEY AUSTRALIA NATIONAL YOUTH – UNDER 20 MENS TEAM
Ice Hockey Australia is calling for nominations for its National Youth Under 20 Men’s Team to represent Australia at the IIHF Division III World Championships held in Queretaro, Mexico, July 22 – 31, 2022.
As our National Team re-enters competition from the post COVID hiatus, we are excited to embrace the opportunity for any hockey players who utilised this time to improve. We are looking for those players who have continued to develop high performance skills, game play, fitness and attitude who believe that they are ready to perform at this level of competition considering the short lead up time.
All eligible players with the ability, drive, and commitment to represent Australia at the highest level in Men’s U20 Ice Hockey are encouraged to apply.
- July 16th Depart for Training Camp
- July 17-20: Training Camp in Vancouver
- July 20/21 Team Departs Vancouver
- July 22 – 31 Tournament
- August 1st Depart Mexico
- August 3rd Arrive Back in Australia and Home State
Essential IHA Selection Criteria:
- Must have played in the AJIHL or Tange State Team or been a member of the IHA U20 Men’s Team in 2020 or 2019 or equivalent overseas IIHF sanctioned league
- Must have been a registered IHA Member as at July 1 2021
- Must have a valid Australian passport
When a player has dual citizenship or was born anywhere other than Australia you must;
- (i) Provide evidence that you have participated for at least two consecutive hockey seasons and 16 consecutive months (480 days) in the national competitions of Australia after your 10th birthday during which period have neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country.
- (ii) Have an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national association of his new country, and which was approved and dated at least 16 months (480 days) before the start of the IIHF competition in which he wishes to participate
- Selected players must commit to all pre-departure fitness, skill and conditioning programs as set by the coaching and performance staff
- All players must be fully compliant with requested reporting, paperwork, team meetings and any other off-ice performance requirements as requested or set by the Coach, Medical Staff, Team Manager or IHA
- The cost of the program is estimated to be no more than $5,500 for each player. This includes all flights and ground transport, accommodation in Vancouver and Queretaro, Mexico and meals (NOTE: this does not include equipment, extra snacks or spending money, which will be at player’s expense)
- Players are encouraged to apply for State and Local government, and other eligible individual sporting grants to assist with the offset of these costs
- Selection of this team will be via application and selection via survey monkey ‘on paper’ by a panel consisting of but not limited to the Head Coach, Assistant Coach and an additional IHA High Performance accredited coach.
- Please apply via survey monkey answering all questions Click Here to complete
(Link – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S3TTGZD)
We are committed to honouring our past, succeeding in the present and shaping a prosperous future for our IHA high performance men.
We look forward to receiving your application by FRIDAY May 13th 2022
IHA National Teams Staff