IHA successfully hosted the 2nd annual goalie coaching symposium on 7-8 August, bringing together 8 expert presenters covering mental skills, high performance, skill development, physiotherapy, exercise physiology and more.
We want to thank our guest presenters who made this a great event:
- Don MacDonald (IHA Head Goalie Coach)
- Dr Cherie Walker (Skill Acquisition Specialist, NSW Institute of Sport)
- Liam Cody (Team Sport Specialist, Stats Perform)
- Evan Adair (Physiotherapist, Active Back Care)
- Maria Mountain (Exercise Physiologist, Goalie Training Pro)
- Devan McConnell (High-Performance Director, NHL Arizona Coyotes)
- Dr Ted Monnich (Mental Skills Coach, USA Hockey/GDI USA)
- Eddie Lack (Former NHL Goalie)
We also welcomed Jimmy Dufour (IHA Vice President), Mark Stephenson (IHA Coaching Director), and Sera Dogramaci (IHA Goaltender Development Manager), who shared a few words around goalie coaching development and plans for IHA.
Our attendees were from all across Australia, and some from North America joined in as well. It was an insightful weekend of experts imparting their knowledge to us, and we look forward to what our goalie coaches across the country will implement into their programs.
We want to acknowledge the wonderful work of Sera Dogramaci (IHA Goaltender Development Manager), who organised and hosted the event.