Ice Hockey Australia (IHA) is pleased to announce the appointment of five marketing and communications professionals, which have been tasked with assisting in the delivery of IHA’s 2020 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
The team members, along with their respective titles and roles include:
- Josh Thomas – Portfolio Director, Marketing and Promotions
- Mikahlia Holmes – Digital Communications and Content Management
- Monica Partyka – Local Area Marketing and Strategic Marketing Initiatives
- Gordon Witt – Public Relations and Content Strategist
- John Dee – Media and Content Strategist
While the job titles and roles are indicative of skill sets of the respective team member, the team will be collaborative in their approach, leading to crossover with roles and responsibilities.
All team members are passionate about ice hockey and have a strong desire to see the sport grow in Australia. This passion, coupled with decades of professional experience in marketing strategy, social media, and content creation, give the board confidence that the team will play a pivotal role in achieving IHA’s 2020 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
The marketing and promotions team will be working closely with the IHA board and key stakeholders to deliver the following outcomes:
- Grow the participation in ice hockey, while fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Develop and implement a marketing, communications and relationships strategy
- Increase engagement of Australian ice hockey at international, national, and state levels
- Build brand recognition and awareness for Ice Hockey Australia
Ice Hockey Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that relies heavily on volunteers to achieve success. We want to take this opportunity to thank the myriad of individuals who give their time, expertise and resources to help grow the sport. In the coming weeks and months, there will be opportunities to assist the marketing and promotions team in various ways. If you wish to assist, we would love to hear from you via email at email@example.com.