Ice Hockey Australia (IHA) is pleased to announce Tarah Rocha’s appointment as the new Executive Officer, who will assist in all administrative duties associated with the sport’s future growth and development.
Tarah is an accomplished executive and business manager with national and international business operations experience, including administration, IT, and human resources.
Key outcomes in the role:
Tarah will work closely with the IHA Board of Directors, and Member Associations to deliver a range of key outcomes, including:
- Be the primary contact for all inquiries to Ice Hockey Australia.
- Be the point of liaison between the Board and the Member Associations.
- Assist the Board with preparation and submission applications and reports, execution of the Strategic Plan and day-to-day operational tasks.
- Support the administrative requirements for the player registration system (eSportsdesk).
- Assist with administrative duties for national team managers, championship managers and Directors.
Tarah is currently studying Information Technology at La Trobe University and has previously held positions as General Manager of Operations at Rainbow Yoga Training and Retail Business Manager at Hayman Island.
Tarah will be replacing Jackie Scott in the role, which Jackie has held for the last two years. IHA Vice President, Jimmy Dufour, thanked Jackie on behalf of the IHA Board “for her outstanding work and commitment to the role and wished her all the best in the future.” Jimmy also said that “the IHA Board is excited at Tarah’s appointment as she brings not only outstanding credentials to the role but also a personal passion for health and wellness, making her a valuable addition to IHA”.