Ice Hockey Australia
(Trading name of Ice Hockey Australia Limited)
ABN: 77 106 538 293 ACN: 629 477 890
Level 1, 105 Pearl River Road
Docklands, VIC 3008 Australia
T: +61 488 428 808
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.iha.org.au
UPDATE – ICE HOCKEY AUSTRALIA NATIONAL U18 WOMEN’S AND U20 MEN’S TEAM
It is with great pleasure to confirm that Ice Hockey Australia (IHA) has declared that we have committed to sending both our Women’s U18 and Men’s U20 teams to compete in:
1. IIHF Women’s U18 Division II World Championships
Istanbul, Turkey (27 June – 7 July).
It is anticipated the team will be on tour from the 24 June – 8 July.
2. 2022 IIHF Men’s U20 Division III World Championships
Queretaro, Mexico, July 22 – 31, 2022.
It is anticipated the team will be on tour from the 15 July – 1st August.
After initial risk assessment and consultation with Head Coaches and Team Managers on the viability to send our best teams, it was determined that both teams were in a strong position to achieve assembly, selection, logistical and physical preparation for both programs.
All originally appointed team staff for both teams (whose tours were cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic) will remain in place and IHA will invite Expressions of Interest through our Member Associations for positions vacant due to any originally appointed staff now unable to travel to disseminate through State networks.
Team Managers Candice Mitchell (WU18) and Gill McLean (U20M) have commenced considerable preliminary planning work in anticipation of this confirmation to send the respective teams.
The process from here will echo the National Women’s Team campaign with:
• Invitation to eligible players sourced through the IHA registered player data base in the form of EOIs sent by the Team Managers/ Head Coaches
• EOIs advertised through the IHA website
• Separate Zoom meetings facilitated by the Team Managers/ IHA to all interested players (and parents/ caregivers for minors) to answer any questions around the tours
• Team Agreement forms to be sent to all players who submitted EOIs to sign and return as a commitment for selection consideration
• Selection of team via panels of: respective Head Coach, Assistant Coach and one other IHA approved High Performance Coach to review the EOIs and run a ‘paper (*understanding that no physical try out event is possible this tour); Coaches will also consult State based Coaches for information on players
• The teams will be then announced to MA Presidents and Secretaries with a request to confirm eligibility of players in their States (registration, clearance of any current suspensions)
• Players will be notified by email by the Head Coach/ Team Manager of the selection outcome (successful/ unsuccessful and a grievance procedure where unsuccessful players will receive feedback if requested
• Teams announced publicly.
Ice Hockey Australia