After a review of the existing IHA constitution which began in March 2017, it was agreed to adopt a new constitution based upon the template provided by the Australian Sports Commission which is used by over 90% of the sporting bodies in Australia. The new constitution was presented at a Special General Meeting of IHA held on May 25, 2018, where the members voted to adopt the new document and structure.
This sees us move from the previous Association structure to a company limited by guarantee which will have a board of directors elected by the members of IHA (States plus the AIHL and OiHAN)
Since that time, we have been working through the steps/paperwork required to register the new entity.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) have accepted the registration of the new company – Ice Hockey Australia Limited ACN 629 477 890, and we are therefore now governed by the new constitution which is published at www.iha.org.au/governance
At the upcoming AGM, there will be elections for 3 new directors to join the Board of IHA.
General Secretary / CEO – Ice Hockey Australia
Location & Remuneration: Negotiable
Ice Hockey Australia is seeking to fill this busy, self-managed, full time role with market-based remuneration. Ideally, the successful applicant will have a proven track record demonstrating the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strongly cooperative & effective working relationship with both internal and external stakeholders. This would include an honorary Board of Directors, key personnel of Member Organisations many of whom are voluntary, Government departments, the Australian Sports Commission, the Australian Olympic committee, the International Ice Hockey Federation and member National Federations.
- Effective time management and scheduling to ensure that all obligations are met.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Previous experience with the sport management would be a significant advantage.
General tasks include
- eSportsdesk member registration & statistical system
- Electronic Banking involvement
- Management of relevant Insurance Services
- Knowledge and adherence to specific Sport Regulations
- Generally assist Board Members & Portfolio Directors with supportive information
- National Team documentation & procedures
- IIHF International Transfer documentation
- National Meetings
- Membership enquiries
- Corporate Records
- Statutory requirements
- Website and Social Media posts.
Applications close on 30 November 2018 with a view to a commencement during the first quarter of 2019.
Interested persons should send their application including a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All questions should be emailed to email@example.com
The WW18 management team is pleased to announce the following players to represent Australia at the upcoming IIHF World Championships Jaca, Spain from 12th – 18th January 2019.
Taylah Pearson QLD
Olivia Last NSW
Endillion Kenyon ACT
Ebony Brunt ACT
Mikaelah Wakefield NSW
Chloe Walker NSW
Sienna Nicholson NSW
Cleo Mayer NSW
Ava Calabria NSW
Anna Badaoui NSW
Imogene Alexander NSW
Samantha Brophy QLD
Lindsey Kiliwnik QLD
Isabela Raymundo VIC
Marnie Pullin VIC
Emily Davis-Tope VIC
Celestine Adams WA
Liana Njirich WA
Nikki Sharp WA
Sara Sammons WA
The 2018-2022 IIHF Rule Book was published by the IIHF on 2 July 2018 (New Rule Book is here) introducing a number of major and minor rule changes. Prior to the publication of the new rule book, Referees-in-Chief from around the world came together at the 2018 IIHF Global Officiating Summit to familiarise themselves with the new rule book and discuss interpretations amongst their peers.
To assist game officials, team officials, and players with the transition to the new rule book, a 2018-2022 New Rules Overview bulletin and videos have been developed to outline the major and minor rule changes to the rule book.
The following officials have been assigned to officiate at IIHF World Championships for the 2018/2019 season:
Kent Unwin – Referee at 2019 IIHF World Championship Division III Qualification, UAE, Abu Dhabi, 31/3/2019 to 6/4/2019
Bethany Bowshall – Linesman at 2019 IIHF Women’s World Championship Division I, Group A, Hungary, Budapest, 7/4/2019 to 13/4/2019
Grainge Phillips – Referee at 2019 IIHF U18 World Championship Division I, Group B, in Hungary, Szekesfehervar, 14/4/2019 to 20/4/2019